25 Day Project Part 3

In order to relieve myself from the monotony of block of color, I decided to create a Meme-Combo painting. I practiced drawing shapes, adding details, and most importantly how to mix and apply color. The end result was a painting of Grogu sipping Kermit the Frog’s Lipton tea.

One image for each day

Challenges I Faced

As always, my challenges mostly involved materials. My pencils didn’t trace well on the canvas so I ended up having to hope pen wouldn’t be too visible through paint. I always had to spend a while researching how to mix paints the way I wanted them to appear. I forgot that paint can different color when it dries so I was shocked to see a peach-ish background instead of the reddish orange I was hoping for.

What have I learned or improved on this week?

I learned that drawing on canvas can take some time and care as canvas is not as smooth as paper. For the light highlights, I should’ve the white underneath first and then keep that space negative when adding in the browns of the clothing. I don’t know if I would’ve been successful as I was eyeballing the highlights. Next week when I’m mixing paint, I will not add as much white to the mixes as all the colors look a little washed out to me.